Examining Risk and Innovation in Funding & Partnering
11:00am Chair Introduction
Chairperson: Ann-Hunter Van Kirk, Senior Equity Research Analyst, Biopharmaceuticals, Bloomberg Intelligence
11:05am Presentation: Venture Capital and Longevity Biotech (LongBio) Revolution: The Apotheosis of Medicine
- Longevity Biotech (LongBio) and regenerative medicine overview
- Gene and cell therapy vs small molecules and biologics
- Philosophical challenges to the traditional pharma model of targeting symptoms
- The coming medical revolution in longevity biotech
Sebastian Brunemeier, General Partner, Healthspan Capital
11:20am Presentation: What Influences Risk Perception and Investor Decision-Making in CGT?
- Cell and gene therapies are a new therapeutic class with unique challenges and high capital requirements. Bridging the information gap between innovators and healthcare investors is crucial.
- Risk-reward expectations for cell and gene therapies need recalibration. Factors influencing valuation and capital spending should be considered. Broader financial and healthcare markets affect sentiment and access to capital. Geography plays a role in the cell and gene therapy sector.
- Always looking for solutions and chasing the “next big thing”: what are we talking about now and what investors want to see in cell and gene therapy.
Ingrid Gafanhão, Equity Research Analyst, Healthcare, Bryan, Garnier & Co.
11:35pm Presentation: De-risking tomorrow’s oncology innovation to maximise commercial impact: A new collaborative approach
Ned Wakeman, Director & Founder, Lean Life Science
Alex Blyth, Founder & Chief Executive Officer, LIfT BioSciences
12:05pm Closing Panel with Q&A
With all session participants joined by:
Eric Halioua, President & Chief Executive Officer, PDC Line Pharma
Michael Cunniffe, Managing Director, Danforth Advisors